Total Nitrogen (N): 10%
0.25% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
9.75% Other Water-Soluble Nitrogen
Derived From: Soy Protein Hydrolysate
Due to the fact that soil, weather, and crop conditions may vary, Ferticell Inc. makes no guarantees or warranties, whether expressed or implied concerning the use of this product. The user of this products takes full responsibility and assumes all risks of usage or handling of this product, despite whether applications instructions were followed or not.
Ferticell® Explorer™ Liquid 10-0-0 is the direct product of grower & distributor request. Explorer™ Liquid is a blend from Explorer™ 16-0-0 to increase ease of use to the end user. With 7 lbs. per gallon of Explorer™ 16-0-0, Explorer™ Liquid will be a great variant to any Nitrogen program, conventional or organic.
It is increasingly important to incorporate plant-derived proteins as Nitrogen will lower risks with other forms with a salt risk potential.
As you add protein Nitrogen to fertility, you create an increase of Nitrogen Use Efficiency (NUE).
Lower rates may be achieved, or a reduction of higher uptake costs may be realized. It is suggested that NUE could be increased by increasing the availability of organic Nitrogen relative to inorganic Nitrogen, especially in small (starter) plants with a high Nitrogen concentration where light is not a limiting factor.
Benefits of Explorer™ Liquid 10-0-0
- 10% Protein Nitrogen content, 60.9% Amino Profile
- Compatible with all conventional Nitrogen sources and most fertilizers
- Stable in normal environmental temperatures and requires no special handling
- Reliable release curve in all environmental conditions
- Contains no fossil fuel-based Nitrogen sources
- Natural product with no negative environmental impact
- User-friendly, safe for employees to handle
- High carbon content makes excellent food source for soil biology
- No risk for tip burn normally associated with nitrates or volatilization of ammonia
- Carbon based and contains plant derived amino acids
- No burn potential with minimum watering requirements
- Remains fully soluble in all water qualities and compatible in mixes
- Optimum use or choice in over fertilized soils, thus lowering toxicity stresses and will directly benefit rooting energy
- Beneficial use in conditions of biotic and abiotic stress conditions
- Enzyme hydrolysis process produces a 100% water soluble Nitrogen containing compounds of protein peptides, and amino acids
- Will not leach from most soils
- Contains 36% carbon
Soluble plant-derived amino acids forms of N do not require mineralization for absorption. (Näsholm et. al.)
Comparing Explorer™ to Chilean Nitrate
There is no doubt, NaNo3 (a mined 16-0-0 fertilizer) is a (cheap) great source of Nitrogen for organic production. Unfortunately, with every unit of N applied, over 6.060 units of Sodium are also being applied.
Comparing Explorer™ to Fish Hydrolysate & Emulsion
Without considering the smell of fish, the L-Amino acids present in Explorer™ are neither as available nor in as high of quantity inside of fish fertilizers.
Most fish products contain variables of proteins in an animal form, that still must be broken down by soil microbes. In cold regions, this absorption of nitrification is slowed, and nutrient uptake can be limited.
Fish fertilizers are inherently insoluble, leading to clogged lines and potential safety concerns regarding E-Coli and other contaminants while Explorer™ is exempt from that FSMA ruling and could be applied days prior to harvest.