Derived From: Fruit Rind Ash
Due to the fact that soil, weather, and crop conditions may vary, Ferticell Inc. makes no guarantees or warranties, whether expressed or implied concerning the use of this product. The user of this products takes full responsibility and assumes all risks of usage or handling of this product, despite whether applications instructions were followed or not.
Ferticell® Pro K™ 0-0-20, is an organic certified, fully soluble, plant-derived, liquid potassium fertilizer, designed to supply potassium in a higher plant usable form. Potassium, the third most used nutrient in plants, Pro K™ 0-0-20 plays important roles in plant functions such as regulating the opening and closing stomata, activating enzymes, balancing ions, translocating sugars and osmosis. balancing ions, translocating sugars and osmosis.
Pro K™ is plant sourced and fully organic, therefore all of its components are beneficial to plant activities. By utilizing our unique Ferticell® Technology manufacturing capabilities, we are able to produce a Potassium with little to no sulfur content. This greatly opens your application options and availabilities, unlike many other organic potassium fertilizers. Pro K™ has shown tremendous results in fruits, when used as a foliar application, bringing increased yield and quality to market with applications starting after bloom.
Fruits accumulate large amounts of K, so leaf symptoms are more likely and most severe as fruit approaches maturity during heavy crop years (Hanson, 1996)
Things to Remember about Potassium…
If potassium is allowed to drop in the soil, large applications of traditional potassium are required, sometimes for years, before proper K levels are returned. Ferticell® Pro K™ 0-0-20 is very efficient allowing for significantly less material being used vs traditional applications of sulfate of potash or potassium thiosulfate Ferticell® Pro K™ 0-0-20 will reduce deficiencies that can cause definite damage on trees when there are low levels. Also, shoot and spur growth will be reduced due to the lowered flowering of the surviving spurs.
In 2015, a multitude of our growers had requested a soluble, organic potassium fertilizer that did not have the salt issues associated with a number of current certified organic potassium fertilizers on the market. For many years, Sulfate of Potash (SOP) has been our only option for an organic potassium fertilizer. In 2016 we submitted for registration and in 2017, the first plant-derived organic potassium was registered with WSDA & CDFA-OIM. Pro K™ is the only, certified organic, plant-derived, liquid Potassium fertilizer that has a 20% organic Potassium content. We have manufactured all of the components of Pro K™ to be beneficial to plant activities giving it a lower salt index than mineral sources and is fully soluble.
Comparing Sulfate of Potash to Pro K™…
• For many years, Sulfate of Potash (SOP) has been our only option for organic Potassium until now.
• Some limiting factors of SOP are solubility for a spray solution above 5% unless you purchase the powdered material, Pro K™ is a totally soluble, farmer-friendly liquid formulation.
• SOP has Sulfur up to 18% and may limit rates in several situations where Sulfur can add to anaerobic soil conditions Pro K™ is Sulphur free.
• Pro K™ is better managed as light and frequent applications as a sprayable Potassium easily leaching from sandy soils as a granular with rainfall.
• Coated K materials have a very light release rate, making it difficult to see immediate corrections in plants and/or fruit requiring high application rates. Pro K™ is very efficient often times seeing results in 24-48 hours
Comparing Potassium Chloride to Pro K™…
• Potassium chloride delivers a lot of salt as a byproduct many crops are sensitive to chlorides such as grapes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and strawberries, making Pro K™ which has no chlorides, making Pro K™an even more favorable form of potassium
• Soil organisms that convert the ammonium in the soil to nitrates can be limited by chlorides in the soil Pro K™ has none of that baggage making it a microbe supporting nutrient.
Benefits of Pro K™ 0-0-20
• The excellent plant absorption rate
• Rapid uptake through the leaf
• Ideal where soil application is a limiting factor
• Extremely phloem mobile within the plant
• Easy to handle, consistent liquid solution
• Plant-derived organic potassium
• Works for both foliar or soil applications
• Rapid uptake through the leaf provides an immediate plant response
• No application risk of phytotoxicity
• Cannot tie up in soils because of molecular derivation
• Is a non-salt-contributor and does not contain chloride
• Works on all types of plant life in all stages of the plant cycle
• Instantaneous delivery of key nutrients
• Works seamlessly with most pesticides and herbicides
• Known to improve drought resistance