The Organic Freshwater Algae Fertilizer, without the Salt…
Universal™ is the secret behind every Ferticell® product we create. When you see 25% algae extract on our labels, that means you get a small piece of the Universal™ benefits in every organic fertilizer we sell.
Created as the first fertilizer Ferticell® offered, Universal™ is a highly-concentrated solution of freshwater algae extracts certified for organic use. Using only food-grade unicellular algae and bacteria grown in house, Universal™ utilizes a proprietary extraction process from these non-living organisms to promote high activity in native micro-flora populations with food sources such as carbon, and other plant beneficial materials. The plant beneficial materials present differ from synthetic products in that the ratios of nutrients and plant beneficial materials in a natural product are more balanced for consistent response.
Unlike kelp or seaweed products, we use freshwater algae, eliminating any salts from the consistent parent culture, to reduce both the salt inputs to the plant and eliminate any inconsistencies experienced in kelp and seaweed products. Culturing the organisms in freshwater is done to reduce the risk of salt burn when used in foliar applications, and to reduce the salt added to the soil from a fertility program.
Universal™ can be applied in a myriad of application methods.
The algae cells in Universal™ which have not been utilized by the roots will remain in the soil and be used as a food source by soil microbes, greatly increasing the living component of the soil. The algae cells also break down minerals in the soil that are blocked or tied up for various reasons, while processing chemical forms of nutrients so that they are assimilated into the plant more efficiently.
The Benefits of Universal™…
• Provides faster and more efficient fertilizer assimilation through both foliar and soil applications
• Increased root development by promoting more lateral and deeper roots
• Lower salt content than seaweed or kelp products, reducing salt inputs and burn potential
• Improved quality of fruit and vegetables through better absorption of nutrients
• Increased flowering and decreased flower loss
• Develops more homogenous fruits and reduces fruit fall
• Foliar and soil applications with any standard equipment
• Increased yield production at economic rates
• Balanced hormonal package for healthy growth curve
• Provides energy for the plant to focus on physiological functions
• Increased resistance to abiotic stress